Distractions are nothing new, but the sheer amount of distractions available to us in our modern world is overwhelming. It is impossible to talk about distraction without acknowledging the impact of technology on our lives, but Katie pulls back the curtain on technology to explore what is really behind our attraction to it. What is the root cause of distraction and how can we overcome it? If you desire to live a purposeful life without succumbing to the onslaught of distractions coming your way, join us for this powerful conversation.
In this episode, we cover:
- Uncovering the root cause of distraction
- Choosing intentionality in how we rest
- How our interactions with technology impact our children
- The importance of knowing and remembering what you believe
- The power of creating meaningful moments for our kids to remember
- A mindset shift for when we fall short of our goals with technology
- Embracing the current season instead of always waiting for the next one
- Identifying what to prioritize and what to let go from season to season
- Setting yourself up for success to avoid the allure of screen time
- Finding the balance of learning new things online without spending too much time behind a screen
- Allowing family and friends to help us with our technology boundaries
- Prioritizing time with God amidst an endless list of responsibilities
- Being realistic with ourselves about how much time we have
Thank you to our sponsors!
Toups and Co Organics uses nourishing, organic ingredients to create simple and safe skincare products. Toups and Co is offering my listeners 10% off any one purchase with the code FARMHOUSE. Visit ToupsandCo.com to order today. And check out my interview with the founder of Toups and Co, Emilie, to find out more about this amazing company and their products.
In my free 5 Day Blog Challenge, I will share with you the framework I used to build my blogging business so that you can create one too. I teach you how to narrow down your niche, craft your brand, and come up with a content plan while also providing you with the checklists and planning sheets you need to make it all happen. Visit bit.ly/5dayblogchallenge to find out how you can earn a full-time income by sharing what you love!
Katie Westenberg is first a follower of Christ, a wife, and a mom growing faithfully alongside her four homeschooled children. She believes boldly in the transformative power of faith in Jesus Christ. As an author and speaker, she teaches women to grow a robust theology of who God is, become students of Scripture, and learn to live that truth out with courage. She serves a thriving community of women at katiewestenberg.com and makes her home in the lovely Pacific Northwest.
But Then She Remembered by Katie Westenberg
Join us in the Simple Farmhouse Life Facebook community!