Many of us strive to live a more minimal lifestyle in order to simplify our homes and lower our stress, but minimalism can also be good for the world around us! In this conversation, Stephanie and I discuss what it looks like to become more conscious consumers as we continually minimize our homes. If you are on a minimalism journey of any kind, this episode will inspire you to contribute to a more sustainable world through minimalist practices.
In this episode, we cover:
- What it means to prioritize sustainable minimalism
- How our emotions impact our buying behaviors
- Shifting our mindsets about the cost of what we buy
- Where to start when sourcing quality clothing
- Reasons to prioritize natural fibers over synthetic materials
- The value of repairing items instead of replacing them
- A sustainable minimalist approach to kids’ clothing
- Navigating gift giving from friends and family in a positive way
- Strategies for storing kids’ clothes for future sizes and seasons
- Pursuing minimalism in your home when your spouse is not on board
- Avoiding clutter in your holiday decor
- How to adjust your mindset so you don’t continue bringing clutter into your home
Thank you to our sponsors!
Carly Jean Los Angeles is on a mission to simplify getting dressed and help women feel beautiful in every season of life! Take 20% off your order at CarlyJeanLosAngeles.com using the code FARMHOUSE20.
I am currently loving this dress from CJLA!
Azure Standard is a family-owned company dedicated to providing you with high quality, affordable organic, natural, and non-GMO groceries, health, and household products. Place your order at AzureStandard.com and use the code SPRINGHOMESTEAD10 to receive 10% off your purchase. This promotion expires May 31, 2023, and is only available for the first-time Azure customer order, with a minimum of $50 order (orders to drop locations only). One time use per customer.
Toups and Co Organics uses nourishing, organic ingredients to create simple and safe skincare products. Toups and Co is offering my listeners 10% off any one purchase with the code FARMHOUSE. Visit ToupsandCo.com to order today. And check out my interview with the founder of Toups and Co, Emilie, to find out more about this amazing company and their products.
Stephanie Seferian is the host of The Sustainable Minimalists podcast; she’s also the author of the non-fiction book Sustainable Minimalism. Stephanie lives just outside of Boston with her two daughters, yellow Labrador Retriever, 10,000-ish bees, and husband who loves to compost almost as much as she.
Sustainable Minimalism by Stephanie Seferian
Join us in the Simple Farmhouse Life Facebook community!