Homemaking is truly an art, which means each of us expresses our own personalities and interests and values in unique ways in our homes. But one thing all homemakers share in common is the value they bring to their families. In my conversation with RuthAnn, we dive into some of the whys and hows of homemaking. If you are seeking encouragement and inspiration in your role as a homemaker, you don’t want to miss this chat with RuthAnn!
In this episode, we cover:
- How you can begin to recognize the value in a homemaker’s role
- Identifying a housekeeping structure that works for you
- Where to start when you have a lot on your plate
- Recognizing what your season allows for
- Prioritizing tasks when everything seems to need your attention
- Weighing the cost of spending time or money
- How we can pass down to our children many of the skills that have been lost
- The importance of articulating why homemaking is important to you
- Shifting our mindsets around the seasonal availability of food
- Establishing home rhythms that fit your family and season
- Learning from others and finding community in social media while avoiding the comparison trap
Thank you to our sponsors!
Azure Standard is a family-owned company dedicated to providing you with high quality, affordable organic, natural, and non-GMO groceries, health, and household products. Place your order at AzureStandard.com and use the code SPRINGHOMESTEAD10 to receive 10% off your purchase. This promotion expires May 31, 2023, and is only available for the first-time Azure customer order, with a minimum of $50 order (orders to drop locations only). One time use per customer.
Carly Jean Los Angeles is on a mission to simplify getting dressed and help women feel beautiful in every season of life! Take 20% off your order at CarlyJeanLosAngeles.com using the code FARMHOUSE20.
Toups and Co Organics uses nourishing, organic ingredients to create simple and safe skincare products. Toups and Co is offering my listeners 10% off any one purchase with the code FARMHOUSE. Visit ToupsandCo.com to order today. And check out my interview with the founder of Toups and Co, Emilie, to find out more about this amazing company and their products.
RuthAnn and her family live in North East Iowa, Her husband, Elvin,, and her have 7 children and 1 son-in-law. Five of the children still live at home. RuthAnn and her husband have been homesteading on their 21-acre homestead since 2001. They seek to preserve the self-sufficient lifestyle of their Mennonite Heritage for the next generation by involving their children in every aspect of the homestead. From raising and harvesting the meat they consume, gardening and preserving to fill the family’s larder, processing the dairy from the family milk cow plus the many other skills that develop the character and integrity of a family that desires to bring glory and honor to their Heavenly Father.
Hear RuthAnn speak at the Homesteaders of America conference
Join us in the Simple Farmhouse Life Facebook community!