Wouldn’t you love to have access to all of your grocery staples within a few steps of your kitchen? This is what Jamerrill has spent the last several years working towards in her home, and she’s here to talk to us about her systems! She shares what it looks like to start small when you are building up your long-term food storage. We also discuss how this type of bulk buying and storage can benefit you on a short-term basis. Even if you have a small home or a small budget, Jamerrill’s systems for stocking your pantry and freezer are possible for you!
In this episode, we cover:
- What led Jamerrill to start her long-term storage supply
- How to use a food storage bucket system
- The ins and outs of using mylar bags
- How bulk buying and storing can be used for both short-term and long-term purposes
- Ideas for stocking up on pantry staples even if you don’t have a lot of space
- Can you build up a home pantry on a small budget?
- Top ten items to stock up on if you are just getting started
- Utilizing freezers as part of your food storage plan
- Starting small with stocking up on freezer meals
- Is it worth all the work it takes to start a home-based business as a mom?
Thank you to our sponsors!
Carly Jean Los Angeles is on a mission to simplify getting dressed and help women feel beautiful in every season of life! Take 20% off your order at CarlyJeanLosAngeles.com using the code FARMHOUSE20.
School of Traditional Skills is your shortcut to self-sufficiency, the simple way. Glean homesteading wisdom from a variety of instructors without ever leaving your home. Use my link bit.ly/farmhouseskills to take advantage of this amazing learning opportunity. Make sure you check out my class on lacto-fermenting vegetables!
Toups and Co Organics uses nourishing, organic ingredients to create simple and safe skincare products. Toups and Co is offering my listeners 10% off any one purchase with the code FARMHOUSE. Visit ToupsandCo.com to order today. And check out my interview with the founder of Toups and Co, Emilie, to find out more about this amazing company and their products.
Jamerrill Stewart is a seasoned homeschool mom of 9 (7 boys + 2 girls) with children ages 2 through 22. She shares about big batch cooking, mega canning, freezer meals and more from her slow and steady developing homestead in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Jamerrill has been making a full-time income online while raising her family for over a decade and she’d like to show you how you can, too. Join the Successful Business Momma Course waitlist at largefamilytable.com/business which will help you build your dream online business while raising your family, just like Jamerrill has done!
A Year Without the Grocery Store by Karen Morris
Prepper’s Pantry by Daisy Luther
Join us in the Simple Farmhouse Life Facebook community!