At the beginning of a new year, many of us are thinking about decluttering our homes. That’s why I am so excited to bring you this conversation with Dawn of The Minimal Mom. Dawn has shared over 500 videos on her YouTube channel on minimalism, decluttering, and organization, but you don’t have to want to be a minimalist to benefit from her message. Listen in as Dawn and I both share how our journeys toward living with less stuff became our normal way of life.
In this episode, we cover:
- What to do with sentimental items
- A new way to view items in your home
- Decluttering as a frugal person
- What to do with items you aren’t quite ready to part with
- How to change your mindset while shopping
- Shaping your kids’ view of material possessions
- Dawn’s top three tips for getting started with decluttering
Dawn is married to Tom, and they have four kids ages seven through 12. They’ve called themselves minimalists for about seven years and couldn’t imagine living any other way. Because it’s had such a positive impact on their lives, they enjoy sharing tips and tricks to help you simplify your home quickly too.
Declutter Your Home in 15 Minutes a Day Course
Dawn Madsen of The Minimal Mom | Website | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Podcast
Lisa Bass of Farmhouse on Boone | Blog | YouTube | Instagram
Want to start your own blog? Get my FREE blogging success masterclass.
Get your Berkey Filter with the Simple Farmhouse Life podcast discount. Watch my Berkey review video.